Date Posted: 4/7/2021Apply Now
Ultimate has partnered with a large medical organization in search of a Medical Management Assistant. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone with an administrative medical or workers compensation background.
Duties of the Medical Management Assistant include:
* Intake, prioritizing and timely processing of new referrals.
* Collects all faxes and distributes accordingly.
* Contacts Claims Examiner to clarify unclear referrals.
* Ensures the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (PHI).
* Follows up with providers to clarify information related to Requests for Authorization (RFAs), excluding any activities that require analysis or interpretation of clinical information. Duties are specific to obtaining items such as demographics, dates of procedures, facility information, number of therapy visits completed, etc.
* Enters/uploads/indexes reports and documents clear notes into the managed care database.
* Assigns tasks to clinical staff in a timely manner. Ensures RFA received and due dates are correctly entered into the managed care database.
* Makes timely, pertinent phone calls to obtain medical reports, treatment plan and RTW related information/reports to provide to the UR and/or Case Management Registered Nursing staff.
* Transfers any/all calls where there is clinical information being provided (or a clinically related question surfaces) to a registered nurse for response
* Schedules Injured Worker appointments, as appropriate and under the direction of clinical staff.
* Types injured worker appointment letters and other pertinent letters as requested by and under the oversight of a registered nurse.
* Maintains ongoing non-clinical communications, collaborates with pertinent parties related to claims that are open to an active treatment request and/or to Case Management.
* Performs a broad range of administrative and clerical duties, including the transcribing of medical report information (without analyzing or interpreting clinical information), inputting information obtained from telephone calls and various correspondence.
* Keeps applicable data and tracking spreadsheets updated.
* Responds to general customer service questions or directs the caller to the appropriate person or department.
* Knowledge of medical terminology CPT and ICD codes strongly preferred.
* Must be able to type minimum 40 wpm.
* Must possess organizational, non-clinically related problem solving and professional communication skills (verbal and written).
* Must be able to follow direction and applicable policies/procedures.
This is a temp to hire opportunity with an hourly salary rate of $17 per hour. Please send your resumes to Stephanie Randolph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Medical Management Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.