IP Patent Paralegal
Our client is seeking an Intellectual Property Patent Paralegal/Specialist in Detroit to provide legal support on a variety of tasks focused on patent matters. Including gathering of preliminary technical information for patent assessment, monitoring deadlines for various domestic and foreign patent activities, and handling routine activities in connection with the maintenance and protection of domestic and foreign patents. The person will also assist with the docketing of U.S. and foreign patent matters, including patents, license agreements, and related contested matters. If this position matches your background, please APPLY NOW!
IP Patent Paralegal Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
IP Patent Paralegal Qualifications:
- Coordinates domestic and international filings with the USPTO and foreign law offices and/or other foreign entities.
- Maintains docket system of due dates for actions including responses, renewals, oppositions, Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) requirements and payment of patent annuities in foreign countries.
- Prepares and files various documents with the USPTO or foreign counsel.
- Prepares and records assignments.
- Prepares correspondence to clients.
- Prepares status summary reports for attorneys and clients.
- Reviews and takes action on correspondence received from foreign associates.
- Obtains legalizations and certifications.
- Research and compile information pertaining to national and international patent rights including searches of USPTO records, industry databases and general legal research.
- Bachelors' degree in Business Administration
- Paralegal certification strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of patent experience required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with U.S. and foreign patent work (prosecution, maintenance and renewals).
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and the ability to work with Innovation, PATTSY, Lexis/Nexis, and other research databases.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete and accurate.
- Exceptional organizational skills, highly versatile and adaptable and able to multi-task in a pressured environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent work ethic and a commitment to professionalism.
If you are interested in the IP Patent Paralegal in Detroit, MI, and your qualifications match, APPLY NOW! For immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to email@example.com . See our other positions at www.ultimatestaffing.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org