We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Manager of Software Engineering to lead one of our Production Loan Processing software engineering teams and related
initiatives. The teams involved in the Production Load Processing are key to our customer and broker direct mortgage lending operations and overall business strategy. Our team is looking to initiatives which are designed to better streamline the loan process and add to our industry leading position in the lending, purchasing, and servicing of home loans.
The Software Engineering Manager is a key position within the organization, helping contribute to business and technology processes and solutions. Working with the team you would partner in cloud-focused solution architecture, technology, development, and delivery.
What will you do?
- Provide leadership in empowering and guiding technology teams delivering value to our customers by leveraging Agile methodologies to providing quality and timely results
- Lead the team in recommending, evaluating and decision-making in making technology choices and decisions
- Proactive contributor that is calm under pressure, with an eagerness to learn and share with the team
- Work and communicate with product and business managers and owners as well as across technical teams to collaborate, plan and execute in a quality and efficient manner
- Working with technology architects to plan and execute the best solution for the business, looking at reusability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Evangelize coding guidelines, design patterns and the importance of testin
- Construct and maintain an environment and culture of integrity, trust, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor technical staff
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
- 5+ years of experience in leading software engineering teams
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field
- Serverless technology architecture, development and delivery experience (preferably using AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, AWS EventBridge)
- NoSQL experience (preferably AWS DynamoDB)
- Cloud based security experience (preferably AWS services such as AWS Cognito, AWS Secrets Manager, AWS GuardDuty)
- DevOps infrastructure-as-code experience (preferably AWS CDK, AWS SAM)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, connecting directly and effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at various levels
- A strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them develop their skills and advance their careers
- Experience with designing and developing complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com