Date Posted: 11/20/2020Apply Now
Purchasing Clerk Needed in Downey Area
Full Time 8a-5p
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw
material, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by
performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Creates purchase orders from requisitions.
2. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as
price, availability, and delivery schedule.
3. Data entry and filing paperwork.
4. Obtains price quotes from multiple suppliers.
5. Runs reports to help determine needs.
6. Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
7. Issues purchase orders to suppliers and confirm delivery date, quantity
ordered and price are correct.
8. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased,
costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
9. Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or
quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source
of trouble and take corrective action.
10. Processes receipts and invoices for payment.
11. Expedites delivery of goods to users.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Purchasing Clerk position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.