Ultimate Staffing is currently hiring a procurement Specialist. The ideal candidate is responsible for purchasing the goods and services required for an organization to operate efficiently. The Procurement Specialist also oversees shipping and receiving of products and materials International and domestic.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate all international/In-States shipping and receiving of products.
- Coordinate with Customs, freight forwarder and Inland freight companies to ensure shipment delivery on schedule.
- Assure compliance with all import/export regulations.
- Verify and maintain records of shipments; resolves shipment in error with suppliers.
- Identify vendors of Raw materials, Packaging Materials, Equipment and coordinate ordering process.
- Create and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies.
- Create vendor registration and maintain the approved vendor list.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Develop and coordinate new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes.
- Prepare program guidelines, status reports and presentations for Finance and Executive Officers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Performs quality checks on raw goods from time to time in order to see that vendors are not delivering substandard goods
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®.)
- Negotiation Skills
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Professional Certification
Three years of professional procurement/purchasing experience in a mid-sized organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org