- The position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan &LOA's)
- Enforces Covid-19 policies, procedures, and guidelines by taking initial callouts, conducting routine and complex investigations, contact tracing, reporting, and taking appropriate enforcement action as necessary. Incumbent will manage and track quarantines due to Covid-19 as well as provide daily reporting and as necessary.
- This position requires ability to work with other team members of HR, such as EHS, Workers Comp, Leave, Payroll, and Employee Relations, therefore must have a good overall understanding of the different human resources responsibilities.
- This position also requires ability to stay up to date with CDC Guidelines, local, and state laws as we are a company operating in different states nationwide.
* Responsible for the development and delivery and management of all Benefit Plans for over 1000 ee's
* Backup for Implementation and management of Wellness Programs
* Responsible for salary continuance, group insurance and related programs
* Research, analyze and make recommendation regarding emerging benefit practices.
* Direct and analyze programs for specific areas, such as work life balance, stress, elder care.
* Build HR metrics and reports to monitor the company's benefit programs, Ensure annual dependent
* Manage and maintain relationship with vendors
* Responsible for all LOA requests
* Work with 3rd party administrator on LOA's to develop recommendations when leaves are exhausted
* Ensure Federal Leave, State Leave, HIPAA, and COBRA compliance through timely employee
communications and upload to Infinisource.
* Manage COBRA transition when Federal and State leaves are exhausted
* Provide Supervisors and Managers with training throughout the year on the basic state and federal
leave laws in addition to how they should handle a request for leave. Train all new hires and
employees promoted to management level by 1st month of employment.
Bachelors Degree - Required
Bachelor's Degree in HR or equivalent; combination of work experience and education will be
Masters Degree - Human Resources Preferred
* 3-5 years of related benefits administration experience
* Progressive experience in leave of absence administration for 1000+ ee's
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org