Date Posted: 10/16/2020Apply Now
We're recruiting for the position of Sr. Technical Training Specialist for one of the largest medical device companies in Southern California. This is initially a 3 months contract (Potential to extend, convert). You will be responsible for the design and development of internal technical training needs for IT products and technology.
* Design and develop moderately complex technical and non-technical instructional activities using various media and related training materials and tools to achieve learning objectives
* Responsible for partnering and consulting with internal stakeholders to develop end-to-end training strategies. Gains agreement with key stakeholders on training program outcomes and success metrics.
* Consult with team members to develop basic criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Aligns measurement and evaluation approaches to defined training program outcomes
* Engage and interact with learners and key stakeholders to test and validate instructional design and development
* Provide business unit/client focused coaching and consulting on the instructional design process, deliverables, and expected outcomes
* May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop, translate and/or administer training programs
* Conduct moderately complex job, task, and performance analysis to develop training objectives
* Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
* Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite, LMS, and training tools (e.g., Articulate, Captivate)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
* Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to influence change
* Proven success adhering to and leading project schedules and managing sections of projects
* Good presentation and facilitation skills
* Substantial understanding of adult training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques
* Substantial understanding of fundamental LMS technology for deploying content and ability to educate stakeholders on the process.
* Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
* Good leadership skills with the ability to influence change and speak with authority
* Strict attention to detail
* Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Education, Communication, or related field
* 4 years experience, including designing courses and utilizing various training delivery methods (e.g., ILT, CBT, Web-based, Virtual Class, Performance Support Tools)Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Sr. Technical Training Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.