Date Posted: 8/12/2020Apply Now
Large corporate office in Santa Ana seeking a Leave of Absence Specialist to join their team, full time and onsite!
Under direction of the Director of Health and Safety, the LOA Administrator is primarily responsible for the direct management and oversight of the Company's national LOA program, to ensure compliance based on state and federal regulations and ensure on-going claim management is within company service standards and legal compliance.
* Provide total leave of absence claim management, from first notice and intake to closure, for the company nationwide.
* Obtain and review updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt.
* Review guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for phone, emails, and mail communications with employees, management and human resources staff regarding all leaves of absence and related processes.
* Provide instruction to employees and training of branch manager and HR staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves, including "interactive discussion' training.
* Maintain accurate records of employee leaves in full legal compliance.
* Create and maintain leave trends including current leaves, returns from leaves and intermittent leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
* Ensure highest level of customer service with client companies and employees and provide responsive support throughout LOA process.
* Review, update and maintain all LOA policies to ensure legal compliance, ensure proper distribution and integration with all other departments and training of HR and non-HR Managers.
* Maintain LOA software tracking program.
* Oversee integration of leaves (i.e. Workman's compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.).
* Attend on-going continuing education on LOA topics and ensure 100% federal and state compliance in all areas in which we operate.
* Perform special projects as needed.
* Large volume of Leave of Absence request processing experience (ideally have experience processing between 50-100 leave of absence requests per week)
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Detail oriented
* Knowledge of CA labor laws, FMLA, ADA etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Leave of Absence Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.