Date Posted: 8/7/2020Apply Now
Located in Fresno, CA
We are recruiting for a Packaging Supervisor for our premier client! As a Packaging Supervisor, you will coordinate and supervise activities of warehouse personnel in packaging products and materials for storage or shipment.
- Supervising 50+ employees and coordinate staffing of temporary and permanent employees
- Learn and memorize production order to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, and other packaging requirements
- Start, adjust, and repair packaging machinery, or will need to notify the maintenance department
- Provide supervision and execution of the packaging schedule
- Observes packaging operations and inspects containers to verify conformance to specifications
- Requisition containers and other supplies for delivery to work stations
- Train and Develop team members for improving individual and organization performance
- Train employees on operation of equipment or other job related duties
- Manage and approving employee time cards
- Ensure staff and department is in compliance; organized, and employees are trained adequately to ensure the food safety, integrity, quality and authenticity of the product is maintained.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Ability to coordinate with other departments, managers or supervisors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook processing software and Time and Attendance systems
*High School or Bachelor's degree preferred. AA or BA strongly preferred
*Approximately 2- 5 years of related experience and/or training as a supervisor/manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 3+ years' experience in a meat facility and/or RTE (ready to eat) foods preferred
* Experienced in Safety/OSHA compliance
* Proficient with Microsoft Outlook & Excel and any other warehouse programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Packaging Supervisor position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.