Date Posted: 7/31/2020Apply Now
In your role as the Underwriter, you will be responsible for selling and supporting our product to customers throughout the United States through phone and internet sales. Your primary objective is to assist in achieving growth and profitability goals.
During the first 6-12 months on the job you can expect to:
* Become proficient in understanding and explaining our insurance products.
* Develop the ability to close and upsell appropriate business.
* Gain advanced knowledge of different types of competitors and partners.
The Underwriter will spend the majority of the time handling up to 40 incoming calls per day (busy season) and 20 calls per day (slower season), educating callers about our products, selling, servicing, obtaining referrals and cross-selling value add products.
If you have the insurance background we are looking for, the challenge will become an opportunity to learn our systems and how they relate to your daily tasks. We use up to six different applications and three monitor screens at any one time.
If you are looking for your next challenging opportunity, this position is for you.
The successful candidate will need the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience. (Degree is a corporate requirement but she is willing to overlook for the right person.)
* Property & Casualty, Life & Health licenses
* Minimum of two years sales experience
* Minimum of two years of insurance experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Underwriter position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.