This position is responsible for reviewing first mortgage loans for completeness, updating information in the computer system, ordering documentation including credit, appraisal, title work, income/asset verification, etc. required to meet portfolio and investor program guidelines. Complete package first mortgage loan requests and submit to the Underwriting department for approval. Provides quality customer service between and for internal and external customers.
- Located in Plymouth, MN
- Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. To 4:30 P.M.
- Pay is $21-24 per hour DOE
- Order documentation from the borrower or external sources that are needed to facilitate a loan decision, including income and asset documentation, appraisals, title work, etc.
- Review income documentation, performing complex analysis of tax returns when needed, to compute borrowers qualifying income
- Review asset documentation to insure assets are sourced and seasoned per program guidelines and the borrower has sufficient funds to close the transaction
- Review the appraisal to insure compliance with HVCC and the TFFCU guidelines
- Review title work and resolve any issues to insure no material defects will encumber the property
- Review credit information to insure the borrower meets program guidelines
- Submit first lien loan packages to Underwriting for approval.
- Prepare loan package for submission to closer
- Work with Loan Originator, Underwriter and Closer to resolve issues and facilitate a smooth loan process and closing for the borrower
- Communicate with borrower, Realtor, Closing Agent regarding documentation required, file progress, closing arrangements, etc, while maintaining borrower confidentiality
- Participate in training and continuing education to stay up-to-date of changing Laws and Regulations regarding processing and underwriting of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA Loans.
- Answer incoming calls, assist applicants with questions about loan files in process; or re-direct the caller to appropriate staff in other areas of department or the Credit Union.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures and standards that pertain to this position.
- Capable of handling a pipeline of 50-75 loan files, with an average processing time to approval that meets current department goals.
- Comfortable working with and balancing data in a variety of loan systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or four years of equivalent work experience in the mortgage lending field.
- Two years of processing experience in conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
- FHA/VA experience.
- Experience working with the Encompass Software
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org