Date Posted: 9/16/2020Apply Now
Assesses components and devices upon receipt to ensure regulatory and company guidelines have been met, and that the components and devices meet operational standards as designed.
* Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspection of components and devices using a wide variety of all applicable instruments tools and equipment such as magnifying lamp, microscope, vision inspection system, calipers, etc. to ensure conformance with design specifications, working independently at the highest levels of productivity
* Perform verification of receiving documents with component and device drawings to ensure requirements are met, including drawings that use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing methodologies
* Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions (i.e., routers) and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records and entering information into JDE.
* Control inventory to ensure appropriate storage conditions and movement, as well as ensuring correct labeling of product status.
* Provide coaching and training to lower level employees, evaluate and demonstrate correct approach on work of other employees; able to fill-in for Lead as needed
* Train colleagues from other sites, including inspection of their work output
* Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping, attend training for new processes and procedures
* Optical Inspection Equipment (Nikon, Keyence, Ect..)
* Small Inspection Tools (Ruler Caliber, Micrometer)
* Cleanroom Environment
* Engineer Drawings
* Exceptional Communication Skills
* Ability to use applicable tools and equipment, hand eye coordination, and high manual dexterity
* Full understanding of applicable inspection procedures, including the ability to contribute to the development of procedures
* Proficient in all inspection techniques for production inspection
* Ability to clearly describe and convey nonconformance issues, and enter them into QMS (Quality Management System)
* Ability to program and contribute to the validation of automated test equipment
* Ability to provide feedback on product defects and may follow through to establish resolution
* Strong communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills, including ability to convey training in methodology and procedures
* Able to read, comprehend, speak, and write English
* Strong English language skills, including reading, comprehending, speaking and writing
* Good computer skills, required, including working knowledge of manufacturing software
* Strict attention to detail
* Adhere to Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
* Must be able to work with minimum supervision
* Work in a Team environment, and may work on inter-departmental teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Sr. Inspector position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.