Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Payroll Specialist to support our client in Sunnyvale, CA.
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Controller. Member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Ensure that employee payroll transactions, incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, reimbursement, commission etc are processed accurately and timely
- Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for correctness before payroll transactions
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Assist in audit, including preparation of audit schedule and answering audit inquiry
- Minimum 4 years previous experience processing multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Working knowledge of ADP
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com