Date Posted: 5/22/2020Apply Now
Job Title: Registered Substance Abuse Counselor Classification: Non-Exempt / Full (40 hours per week) and Part-Time (24 hours per week)
Reports to: Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Local non-profit that assist it's communities to address the needs of low-income, homeless and under-served people in North San Diego County.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: This position will provide direct services to clients located in addiction recovery programs within the non-profit. Registered substance abuse counselors work in conjunction with certified substance abuse counselors to provide support to clients who are experiencing homelessness, have alcohol and/or drug addictions, mental health, and social/legal/economic barriers. Registered substance abuse counselors maintain a safe and secure environment for the clients, ensure residents adhere to program policies, and support the mission of Interfaith Community Services.
* Support Certified Substance Abuse Counselors in maintaining caseload as prescribed by supervisor
* Ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for all clients.
* Ensure the program areas are kept drug, alcohol and violence free
* Inform clients of all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance
* Work with Certified Substance Abuse Counselors to conduct screenings, admission, treatment planning 1:1 and group classes
* Evaluate client needs and identify appropriate resources within and outside the agency; advocate for the clients' needs
* Enter activities and client demographics into databases and daily facility logs
* Collect and submit documentation in a timely and accurate manner
* Respond to client concerns in a timely manner, providing information through informal discussions and group discussion/sessions
* Conduct searches and safely removes any items not permitted on property
* Professionally and politely answer incoming telephone calls, provide information, and log shift transitions into the service log
* Strictly adhere to participant confidentiality as required by County, State, and Federal (42 CFR) regulations
* Work with other agency staff to maintain cohesiveness of community
* Provide assistance and notify appropriate agencies/organization in emergency situations, as described in standard emergency procedures
* Ensure that program always meet standards to pass State and Federal inspections
* Maintain contact with staff and supervisor to report any problems
* Coordinate wellness checks, fire drills and other checks annually or as needed
* Participate in all staff meetings and trainings
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Must be currently registered by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP), California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP) or the California Association of Drug/Alcohol Educators (CAADE).
* Must maintain this registration without interruption and obtain certification within five (5) years from date of hire
* Must be credentialed by the County of San Diego's Continuum of Care within the last three years or must pass the credentialing process as a condition of hire
* 6+ months of experience working in an addiction treatment facility, social services or nonprofit setting required
* Experience working with individuals with alcohol, drug, mental illness, or homelessness required
SKILLSETS / ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries with clients
* Ability to identify problems, and research and recommend solutions
* Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations
* Must have excellen
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Registered Substance Abuse Counselor position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.