Date Posted: 5/22/2020Apply Now
Pacific Life Insurance Company - the Retirement Solutions Division is seeking a highly motivated and qualified senior .Net software developer to join its client server development team to maintain mission critical policy administration applications. As a key contributor to the team, you will be instrumental in supporting a mission critical customer service and operational application while contributing to the continuous efforts on feature and technology enhancements.
* Developing Windows Forms applications that often involves atomic transactions and bridging the gap between IBM z/OS based mainframe systems and .Net applications.
* Ability to write a clean, unit testable code that promotes loosely coupled, encapsulated, and separation of concerns.
* Working with users, business analysts, project managers and development team to implement new features and support business operations.
* Assess and evaluate the current implementation of the application, re-design and refactor existing code base to better suit for future technologies.
* Ability to quickly learn existing programming framework and integration techniques with various system platforms.
* Attention to details with ability to troubleshoot and support production issues related to file processing and data integration.
* Effectively working within collaborative team environment that promotes agile development process including but not limited to Scrum and mob programming.
* Make recommendations to improve operating efficiency and functionality of assigned systems areas. Contribute to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
* 3+ years of hands on experience developing enterprise level systems on the .NET framework using C# .Net. Familiar with MVC, MVVM, WCF architecture.
* Experience working with other developers using Git/GitHub or another relatively similar version control system.
* Experience of developing PL-SQL stored procedures with application development using RDMS DB such as Oracle and DB2 database.
* Strong preference on prior experience with IBM z/OS mainframe systems and COBOL programming. Motivated to learn the technology if no such experience.
* Mastery of Visual Studio 2012+ IDE and understanding of Azure DevOps a plus.
* Working understanding of unit test creation and automated testing in continuous integration.
* Experience with continuous integration tools and processes a plus
* Thoroughly familiar with agile SCRUM development process and tools. Understand how backlog, sprint and user stories are contributing to rigorous product release cycles.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
3+ years of hands on experience with .NET framework using C# .Net. MVC, MVVM, WCF architecture
Nice To Have:
?Document management and generation
Oracle or PostgreSQL, IBM z/OS mainframe, COBOL
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Sr Application Developer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.