Located in Fresno, CA
Human Resource Manager
Administer and implement all human resources programs including, but not limited to, employment, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity/affirmative action, labor relations, training, safety, and health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all labor relation matter and respond to any legal notices
- Perform and/or coordinate all recruitment activities for all full-time and temporary employees (e.g. screening, phone interviews, scheduling interviews, checking references, making offer or denial contacts)
- Oversee any temporary employees and communicate with staffing agencies
- Conduct new hire and benefit orientations
- Create and update HR policies and procedures
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Process garnishments or court orders
- Enter all necessary adjustments and deductions
- Research competitive starting salaries for new vacancies
- Handle all benefit inquiries and open and new enrollments
- Process 1094/1095-c annually
- Generate COBRA notices/packets when necessary
- Administer 401(k) program
- Monitor employee disciplinary actions
- Coach supervisors on handling employee disciplinary matters
- Administer and manage all leaves of absence
- Manage and investigate any work injuries, work status and ensure claim closes timely
- Chair safety meetings and implement safety programs
- Respond to all EDD correspondence
- Create and revise HR documents or forms
- Maintain and update all files (personnel, medical, I-9, LOA, workers' comp, etc.)
- Conduct investigations for reported problems/grievances
- Process all job separations
- Handle implementation of the new HRIS system
- Plan all employee appreciation functions
- Other duties within the company may be assigned
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels both within and outside of the company
- Pays close attention to detail to ensure company compliance with various regulations
- Takes initiative
- Uses strong organizational skills to effectively multi-task
- Analyzes data and derives conclusions from reports
- Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Identifies the need for plans, procedures, goals, strategies or processes to address employee matters
- Coaches and develops skills of company supervisors and managers to effectively manage employees
- Knowledge of State and Federal labor laws and regulations.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* PHR Certificate preferred
* 5-7 years of HR experience covering a variety of Human Resources functions.
* Union experience highly desired.
* Food Manufacturing experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.