The Document Specialist is responsible for the administration of all tasks related to document management, including imaging documents into Synergy and managing the distribution of mail and other documents, in the credit union's loan portfolio.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process department incoming/outgoing mail.
- Scan, index, and categorize loan documents into the credit union's imaging system.
- Perform all filing, including adverse action notices and HMDA files.
- Generate adverse action letters as needed.
- Log all recorded mortgages, discharges, final title policies, and RD-108s
- Monitor and process loan file requests, including ordering and shipping files/boxes to the credit union's offsite document storage facility.
- Order general office supplies for the department.
- Prepare and send mortgage documentation to Quality Assurance for audits.
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience working with loan documents or related experience.
- Proficiency using Excel and Word.
- Qualifications Preferred: 1. 2 years of experience working with Synergy or document management systems.
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
In-office working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and work space are all sufficient. Work requires the ability to constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and communicate. Work also requires lifting up to 25 pounds of work-related supplies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: email@example.com