SUMMARY: Medical Assistants are responsible for providing outstanding customer service for patients in collaboration with other clinical staff/clinician in compliance with the organization's clinical policy and procedure.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients, keeping patient areas clean and appropriately stocked.
- Interview patient measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and record information on patients' chart (electronic health record).
- Assist clinical staff/clinician during patient visit.
- Perform lab work as required or as appropriately trained.
- Perform all lab testing follow-up including result analysis and patient call back
- Update providers frequently on patient status and activity so those awaiting procedures are processed efficiently
- Update all staff on the status of patient flow so the need for additional personnel can be assessed quickly, and appropriate scheduling maintained to reduce patients' wait times
- Field patient calls as needed
- Supervise all clinical activities performed on site
- Maintain and organize all instruments, drugs, equipment and supplies
- Prepare dressings, administer medication, perform treatments, perform lab procedures and splint as directed by the provider
- Prepare and administer vaccines, medications and nebulizer treatments as directed by the provider
- Sterilize instruments.
- Ensure autoclave cleaning and maintenance.
- Practice effective infection control practices and policies
- Perform calibrations and other quality control tests on laboratory equipment
- Ensure all lab tests are performed and results are charted according to protocol
- Call patients notated for nurse "call back,' according to "call back protocol.' Notate patient's chart (electronic health record)
- Comply with HIPAA regulations to maintain patient's right to privacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience
- CMA, CNA and/or EMT Certification Preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to read, analyze and interpret documents; ability to respond effectively to all inquiries; ability to write using proper grammar, punctuation and spelling; ability to present information
- Proficient in Windows applications; ability to use Excel; spreadsheets, e-mail, Internet, and Electronic Healthcare Record.
- Ability to deal with confidential information appropriately.
- Rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently on projects and as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task and organize and prioritize workload
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org