Operations/Office Manager with bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- supervising the office coordination.
- on boarding and vetting of all employees.
- assist in the recruitment of both paid employees and volunteers.
- assist position descriptions are developed, annual performance evaluations are completed, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- maintaining employee records, official records and documents.
- handling some compliance issues.
- invoices and bookkeeping.
- pay bills, maintain ledgers.
- assist in developing financial plans with the board.
- able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, including the board of directors, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- strong business writing skills.
- organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls; takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions; welcomes guests and clients; maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- see that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and of all important factors influencing it.
- establish sound working relationships and cooperative agreements with community groups and organizations.
- organize logistics for face-to face and conference call meetings, communicate to board members all relevant details re. meetings, coordinate development of meeting agenda, administer all details during meetings, organize minute taker for each meeting, maintain Y2Y board calendar, other duties as requested by the Executive Director and Board Chairperson.
- assist with setting up subcommittee meetings and calls, assist Board with general inquiries, maintain and distribute contact lists of Board and subcommittees. Maintain Board Biography list.
? Bachelor's degree or 5 years related experience
? Exceptional, proven organizational, time management and administrative skills
? Strong business writing skills
? Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and QuickBooks
? Experience in systems development and administration
? Demonstrated success planning and organizing meetings with participants from diverse locations
? Ability to resolve routine problems independently, consult with supervisor to develop plans for unusual or complex problems
? Adaptable to changing circumstances
? Confidence to make decisions independently and to judge when management collaboration is required.
? Pays close attention to detail and understands the importance of accuracy
? Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
? Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, including the board of directors, staff, volunteers, and the publicPreferred to have:
- non-profit background
- exert a visible passion to succeed, to serve the foreign-born community, and to assist a nonprofit organization toward excellence
- community driven individual
- ability to speak another language
- strong 501 (c) (3) work experience and/or training in corporate management
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org