Date Posted: 5/7/2020Apply Now
Position: Program Manager
Hours: 9:30AM - 6:00PM
The main function is to oversee their various programs and services.
NONPROFIT PROGRAM MANAGER
The Program Manager has full responsibility to supervise various programs and projects while actively pursuing funding opportunities that address the needs of the community in Frederick and neighboring counties, Maryland.
Incumbent must have a deep appreciation for and proven ability to work in a multi-ethnic, multi-racial work
environment. This individual has a strong knowledge of Frederick County and is flexible and adaptable to change.
Incumbent must also have proven skills managing multiple grants and people in a dynamic nonprofit organization.
Program Planning and Development
- Oversee Program Planning and Development based on community needs, policies, and resources.
- Identify and pursue grants and other funding opportunities in collaboration with senior management.
- Establish key performance indicators that not only measure goal attainment of a grant but lay the groundwork for future grant enhancement.
- Establish, collect and compile monthly data from staff to include but not limited to programs, outreach /event
activities and educational sessions.
- Adhere to grant reporting requirements and ensure periodic reports are delivered to necessary stakeholders in accordance with grant reporting requirements.
- Write and develop, in collaboration with other staff, articles, publications, issue briefs, and annual reports.
- Allocate and manage human and financial resources in accordance to requirements of grants.
- Assist Community Health Workers (CHW) in respective deployment including but not limited to hospital, health department, school, and other partners.
- Develop and participate in staff development, provide technical assistance/training to outside entities.
- Facilitate positive, effective relationships with government, community and business partners.
- Provide written and verbal updates to staff on a regular or time-sensitive basis.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a relevant professional field and a minimum of three years' experience working with public health-related and/or community-based issues. Extensive work experience may substitute.
Other Preferred Qualities
- Strong project management skill with a proven track record, PMP certification or equivalent training.
- Fluent in another language than English
- Live in or near Frederick County
- Nonprofit experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Program Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.