CONTRACT MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR JOB, NOVI, MI
Position Summary:From loan assignment, the Mortgage Loan Processor I is responsible for processing the loan, gathering documentation, communication to all parties, and obtaining the clear to close through the scheduling of the closing date.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:The minimum requirement for any team member of our company is to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards and regulations. We also require, as a minimum standard, that all team members have the ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collect required documentation from a borrower or third-party to prepare it for underwriting by reviewing the file, reviewing conversation logs, and analyzing the file for missing documentation.
- Act as a liaison between the borrower, underwriter, sales, realtors, title companies, and all other parties involved in each transaction.
- Analyze and evaluate documentation provided by borrowers, including ensuring that overall documents are accurate, complete, and compliant; calculating income; and reviewing financial statements, credit reports, applicable ratios, and other supporting documentation for acceptability.
- Ensure that files meet investor guidelines, are complete, and comply with regulations and policies.
- Schedule loan closings and communicate closing information to borrowers, Sales, and vendors.
- Make recommendations for procedural and policy changes to increase efficiency.
- Promptly reply to loan inquiries and according to company standards.
- Respond to audit findings. Provide any necessary supporting documents.
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
- Assist in resolving post-closing issues when necessary.
- Work with the equity processing team when there is a simultaneous second mortgage.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of loan processing experience.
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
This position works in-office and remotely. Work requires an appropriate work environment in the home. In-office working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and workspace are all-sufficient. Work requires the ability to constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and communicate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Ang
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org