CONTRACT MORTGAGE LOAN CLOSER, NOVI, MI
Position Summary: The Loan Closer's responsibilities are to prepare preliminary closing disclosures and approved mortgage, HELOC, and fixed-term loan documents for final closing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: The minimum requirement for any team member of our company is to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards and regulations. We also require, as a minimum standard, that all team members have the ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Review closing disclosures for accuracy to ensure that closing details are accurate according to approval and file.
- Ensure that Verbal Verifications of Employment are date-compliant, that rate locks are not expired, and that the home owner's insurance is paid at full or collected at the close.
- Prepare closing packages. Review for accuracy. Provide closing instructions to the appropriate party.
- Handle all aspects of loan modifications. This includes vendor orders, clearing title issues, and preparing closing documents.
- Work with title companies, processing team members, and Sales team members to ensure smooth closings.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors. Provide service in a manner that ensures exceptional service to members and Sales.
- Prepare and request wires as necessary.
- Upon post-closing results, follow up on any missing/corrected documents.
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Qualifications Preferred:
1. 2 years of closing experience. Core Competencies:
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
In-office working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and workspace are all-sufficient. Work requires the ability to constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and communicate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: email@example.com