Customer Service Representative
Receives and administers the complete process of purchase orders and communicates with appropriate internal departments for accurate order processing, to ensure customer satisfaction. Relays pertinent order information to customers.
Education Background and Work Experience:
- Receives and responds to requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from customers and distributors. Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service. Including transferring requests for special items to the Quotes Department.
- Uses Navision operating system to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, and to make changes on customer purchase orders.
- Handles the needs of sales representatives and customers by designated territories.
- Checks with Accounts Receivable concerning credit status of customer when necessary.
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
- Prepares paperwork as indicated during training, to be given to the department supervisor when needed for credit or debit to be issued.
- Handles the government orders as a backup when necessary.
- Contacts customers or customer representatives to ascertain data omitted on orders.
- Works with Manufacturing and Shipping to obtain schedule date for specific orders and communicates this information to the customer.
- Tracks orders to ensure that they are shipped according to schedule
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma
- Typing skills (40 WPM+) and some knowledge of data entry is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.