Customer Service Supervisor
This position is responsible for supervising the activities of the customer service department, ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. Maintains department compliance through the coordination of activities between management, manufacturing, shipping, accounting, sales and purchasing.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Monitors and assigns work to customer service representatives while performing all the tasks of a customer service representative.
- Guides and directs customer service team towards achieving operational goals.
- Maintains communication with customers via e-mails, phone calls, mail, etc.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors employees to deliver premier class customer service
- Provides leadership and direction to all team members.
- Evaluates employee performance.
- Ensures that the customer calls are handled/answered in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Educates customers about organization's products or services
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of the company's products and processes.
- Demonstrates ability to satisfy customer requirements in a professional manner while adhering to the corporate policies.
- Resolving customer issues to their overall satisfaction.
- Acts as liaison with other departments for orders and service completion in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to management concerning staff and improvement of procedures.
- Provides positional relief as needed.
- Ability to stand in for manager as needed
- Notifies manager of any potential safety hazards.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree or applicable work experience.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.