Date Posted: 2/13/2020Apply Now
We are looking for a Learning Management System Advisor to join the Talent Development and Performance team at Varian. The individual, in this role, is responsible for supporting key LMS operational functions to ensure that all learners and LMS Coordinators, across Varian, have access to engaging learning content at the right time and right place.
Through collaboration with key stakeholders and ongoing assessment of current practice, the LMS Advisor will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end processes and functions within the Learning Management System (Compass) to ensure positive learner experiences, compliance to training standards, manage course content and to drive continuous improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage course content and training assignments within the LMS
* Troubleshoot and resolve LMS related issues in partnership with VIT
* Conduct content user testing to ensure courses work accurately within the production environment
* Assist with launching and maintaining the Success Factors mobile application
* Create and maintain LMS documentation and processes to align with learning governance standards
* Interface and collaborate with local LMS Coordinators and business groups to identify training and compliance needs and assist with LMS navigation and training
* Utilize metrics and reporting to assist with compliance audits and identification of future needs
* Create learning tools and resources, grounded in best practices, to assist local LMS Coordinators and business groups to improve the efficiency & accuracy of using the LMS.
* Design and implement training to support initial learning, system releases and new functionality for both new and existing LMS Training Coordinators
* Other duties as assigned by Learning Governance Operations Manager
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
* Experience supporting both learner and administrative functions within a Learning Management System.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in training operation or related field
* Able to grasp and apply new technologies in training and training methods
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work both on a team and independently to deliver results
* Highly organized, multi-task oriented and works well in a constantly changing environment.
* Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven,
* Customer service mindset to help remove barriers for all customers
* Proficient with MS Office
* Skillful in working virtually and collaborating across boundaries
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge:
* Formal training and experience in instructional design and/or training delivery; and adult learning theory desired
* Advanced ability using Excel, PowerPoint and other tools and metrics to create executive summaries and data dashboards
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the LMS Advisor Admin position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.