We are currently hiring for one of our largest clients in the New Haven area. This opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at an incredible company. We are currently hiring for a Medical Receptionist to coordinate patient care and physician activity by greeting all patients/visitors, answering telephone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining patient medical records.
- The position requires an individual with knowledge of front desk medical office operations.
- Responsible for communicating schedule changes to the appropriate staff members and physicians/providers.
- Coordinate appointment activities and verify and obtain all necessary information and signatures.
- Collects and validates registration of all new patients, scans all necessary documents into the medical records (i.e., insurance ID cards, other documents ).
- Answer telephone calls to office, assists callers in a pleasant manner, takes accurate and complete messages and refer callers to appropriate personnel.
- When necessary, executes all necessary pre-authorizations as required by insurance companies for upcoming diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Track referrals coming into the practice. Coordinate referrals, testing or procedures when necessary.
- Confirm patients have the necessary referrals and/or authorizations Maintain electronic medical records and/or paper medical charts in accordance with company policies and Collect and reconcile co-pay collections/cash drawers (cash, checks, credit card payments).
- Follow HIPPA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
Requirements for this opportunity:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 or more years applicable work experience in a primary care or specialist office or hospital setting required.
- Epic experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong Hippa knowledge and medical terminology knowledge
Qualified candidates please call the E20 team at 203 764 2803 if you are interested in learning more, and please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Posted By: email@example.com