We are currently seeking to hire a Purchasing Manager with 4+ years' experience. Must have experience working within the homebuilder industry.
Successful applicant will possess the following experience and skills:
- Develops specifications for bidding purposes. Negotiates pricing and contract terms, ensuring contracts meet legal requirements.
- Reviews construction documents, plans, and specifications to identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Oversees base house costs and all options.
- Sources and selects vendors for new projects as well as replacements for existing projects. Ensures vendors meet pre-qualification criteria. Develops and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Manages department processes and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency; reassign department workload as necessary.
- Reviews, selects, and modifies options and upgrades offered at new communities based on input from Vendors, Sales & Marketing, and the Design Center.
- Directly manages Purchasing Department staff, including purchasing agents and options coordinator.
- Investigates and resolves conflicts between vendors and field staff.
- Provides updated reports to Director of Purchasing and Senior Management regarding budget, project progression, etc.
- Interacts regularly with Sales & Marketing, Construction, Accounting, and Land departments.
- Homebuilding industry experience required.
- Proficient in database management software, Excel, Word, and Outlook. BuildPro or Pharaoh experience is a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.