Date Posted: 1/14/2020Apply Now
Awesome company located in Irvine is seekng a Long Term Temporary Purchasing Inventory Coordinator. This is a long term temp role that is paying around 25+hr
Essential Purchasing Functions:
* Generate and maintain purchase requisitions and POs for all replenishment, promotions, and new products
* Maintenance POs with latest delivery dates and quantities
* Verify POs reference the most current and active formulas and artwork prior to releasing POs
* Coordinate and expedite the flow of material, parts and assemblies between facilities, and shipment of material to and from the outside process providers
* Work with outside process providers to schedule production based on material availability in support of requested delivery dates
* Track the status of outside processed materials and finished goods
* Add status notes and actions to open order report
* Request quotes for labels, shippers, pack-out and assembly
* Work with accounting to resolve invoicing issues.
* Receive and track sample submissions from packaging vendors and contract manufacturers
Essential Inventory Functions:
* Conduct daily inventory transactions in the ERP/MRP systems to ensure inventory accuracy and provide real time data. The transactions include but are not limited to inventory receipts and cost center issues, work orders, inventory location movements, and authorized adjustments.
* Process item receipts; build-assemblies; and other inventory transactions
* Research inventory inaccuracies and discrepancies as well as identify root cause and appropriate corrective action to minimize future occurrences
* Communicate with internal and external business partners when inventory inaccuracies and discrepancies are identified
* Ensure all proper documentation is received from vendors (i.e. packing slips, BOLs, commercial invoices)
* Be a liaison to internal and external associates regarding importing activities; work closely with 3PL and vendors ensuring domestic goods are properly identified, handled, and received.
* Associates degree or equivalent experience in a similar role required; Bachelor's degree preferred
* 3+ years of purchasing and materials and inventory management experience
* Experience with an ERP system using MRP planning; NetSuite preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; in particular to Word & Excel
* Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work with all levels
* Capability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
* Excellent problem solving and relationship building skills
* Excellent communication (written and verbal)
* Self-motivated and can work with little or no supervision
* Positive and results-oriented attitude
* Exceptional ability to prioritize
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Purchasing Coordinator position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.