National organization is seeking an entry level HR Assistant looking to expand their career in Human Resources. We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 1 year of Human Resources experience along with 2 - 5 years of Administrative Support.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, including those of a confidential nature.
- Prepares thorough Board meeting packets and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conserves VP's time by drafting letters and documents, preparing reports, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communications.
- Maintains VP's appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and acts as the gatekeeper by fielding phone calls, taking requests for meetings and coordinating various aspects of interdepartmental communication as necessary.
- Effectively runs the executive office and perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and coordinate logistics and food for meetings and events as needed.
- Prepares, prints and helps distribute materials (NEO, training, certificates, etc.).
- Prepares check requests, petty cash requests, and invoices for payment (code invoices, approval signatures).
HR Compliance Responsibilities
- Process ID Badges
- Orders and maintains HR team supplies
- Responds to general HR questions and/or route inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Responsible for logistics and coordination (room/food, etc.) of HR meetings, training, initiatives to include HR communications and invitations.
- Pre-employment tests and checks: assist with new hire eVerify entries, background checks, education, employment and criminal history record information data entry into Paycom
- Process pre-employment drug test results
- Process Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) in Paycom
- Performs monthly audits: MVRs, vehicle insurance, valid driver's license and random drug screens.
Employee File Management Responsibilities
- Assists recruiting efforts by posting job requisitions
- Reviewing for minimum qualifications for nonexempt roles if needed
- Performing prescreen interview phone calls for nonexempt roles if needed
Employee Engagement Responsibilities
- Electronic filing of documents, updating and maintaining information in the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and ensuring employment documents are uploaded to employee records, as well as retrieving and forwarding documents upon request.
- Performs personnel file audits to ensure compliance.
- Assists in maintaining the company's employee records and I9 files, which will include completing audits on those records.
- Responsible for maintaining HR Monthly Newsletter and creating HR communications (flyers, birthday and anniversary monthly announcements, staff events, etc.)
- Order employee anniversary and wellness gifts/awards
- Responsible for Employee Special Events Coordination
- First point of contact with employees to offer excellent employee customer service
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the Cit