Date Posted: 1/8/2020Apply Now
IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR:
A Temporary Medical Collections Specialist for 3-6 months.This position is responsible for the collection processes on assigned accounts. The individual is responsible for researching unpaid charges, working with carriers to resolve open balances, and collaborating with internal parties to streamline collection processes.
Responsibilities for the Medical Collections Specialist job include:
1. Perform verbal and written collection activity with insurance carriers for expediting claims reimbursement.
2. Compile necessary patient record information for effective appeals as required.
3. Submit appeals using department resources in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
4. Perform consistent follow up practices with insurance providers.
5. Apply discount, bad debt, and other AR adjustments on a timely basis per company policy.
6. Review of all assigned correspondence and timely responses to ensure proper claim reimbursement
7. Qualification skills for the Medical Collections Specialist job include:
8. Excellent customer service skills
9. 3-4 years of hospital or infusion collection experience
10. Proactive thinker, multi-tasker and detailed oriented
11. Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Location: SW Houston
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Collection/Customer Service/Admin position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.