This is an excellent, temp to hire opportunity for an HR professional to work in one of the leading medical device firms in Irvine. The HR Coordinator acts as liaison between company employees and the management team and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated employee management platforms. The HR Coordinator manages people operations for the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, offboarding, and leave administration, and assists with performance management. The HR Coordinator manages and enhances Company benefits programs, including new benefits implementations, open enrollment, and perk program administration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty listed below.
Minimum Employee Qualifications:
- Own the HR inbox with the HR assistant, escalating inquiries to the appropriate personnel and responding to employee questions within 24 hours;
- Process, manage, and track leaves of absence requests and related inquiries;
- Process new hires and terminations, including preparation of applicable paperwork and execution in the Company's HRIS;
- Own new hire orientation and onboarding in collaboration with the Recruiting Department;
- Ensure and validate consistency and accuracy in our HRIS;
- Administer new benefits and perk programs and assist with reporting requirements;
- Upload and track handbook and policy acknowledgment forms and compliance training acknowledgment forms;
- Process claims responses including unemployment claims and workers' compensation claims;
- Assist with annual performance review cycle, including employee performance management documentation, communications and educational materials;
- Maintain accurate HRIS records, manage employee personnel files and complete other HR tasks related to HRIS management as requested by the HR team; and
- Escalate employee relations issues to the HR Manager and promote a harmonious work environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree;
- 2+ years HR experience preferred;
- Working understanding of state and federal employment laws, including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, and ADA;
- Computer proficient with HRIS experience;
- Knowledge of Google Suite preferred;
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality;
- Must be able to use critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Self-motivated and follows direction of supervisors, but also able to work without constant direct supervision;
- Excellent verbal/ written communications skills;
- Ability to make informed decisions based on data and statistics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.