Customer Service Specialist Duties/Responsibilities:
Pay and Schedule:
- Answer the phone promptly in a warm, friendly, and professional manner.
- Receive customer orders over the phone, fax, email, online and in person.
- Write up orders accurately and completely, in accordance with the company established procedures and policies.
- Process customer orders by completing order entry on the computer, order printing, product and private label requests, separating and distributing copies of order forms, obtaining and allocating freight costs, preparing order forms for invoicing, and handling the specific needs of customers.
- Receive and investigate customer complaints, and promptly provide feedback as to how the situation will be resolved.
- Refer non-routine and major complaints and requests to the customer service supervisor.
- Investigate any shipping problems, such as shortages or delays, and promptly report the cause and new expected delivery date to the customer.
- Maintain customer files, purchase order records and merchanside records.
- Perform return authorization tracking, print private labels and prepare and run weekly and monthly reports.
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as required (or requested).
- $16 to $18 an hour (DOE).
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two to five years of customer service experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills.
- Customer focus and the ability to adapt to different personality types.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.