Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Medical Coder for a great company in the Central Florida area. This individual will work directly with physicians and other office staff to review medical records to identify documentation for appropriate support and coding for insurances with detailed notation. They will also review physician charts every day to spot any errors in coding and create reports on the findings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all coding and document laws and regulations related to coding and documentation guidelines such as ICD-10-CM
- Reviews for clinical indicators and query providers and monitors new providers' documentation and coding until they meet quality requirements
- Instructs providers and staff in abstracting codes effectively from medical records to ensure quality and timely care of our members as well as correct reimbursement
- Effectively communicates with physicians and office staff on instruction for accurate coding and documentation, risk adjustment, MACRA and HEDIS
- High school diploma required
- 1 year of experience in Medical Coding and knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS and HEDIS
- Certification needed (CPC, CCS, CCA, RHIA, RHIT)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Detail oriented and able to work efficiently
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.