Ultimate Staffing is looking for a shipping and receiving associate to support our client in Mountain View. This is a contract to hire and great opportunity to join a medical device company that is giving back.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Receives and verifies in-coming materials, returns and supplies following departmental procedures.
Prepare kits, audit kits, pack kits and controls shipments of finished products following departmental procedures.
Perform inventory control duties including maintaining Kanbans, min/maxs. All activities conducted in compliance with GMP/ISO regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, unpacks, and warehouses in-coming materials and supplies.
- Checks in-coming goods against documentation.
- Sorts and counts materials and returns, supplies and finished goods as needed.
- Makes entries into inventory database, prepares periodic reports.
- Performs kitting, auditing, packing, labeling, or other duties prior to shipping products.
- Prepares necessary documents for shipping products.
- Determines proper shipping methods and costs for miscellaneous items.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Lifts heavy items using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Receives, stores, and controls chemicals using special handling equipment and procedures.
- Maintain neat, orderly area and "audit ready' warehouse. Keeps area clean and safe during the workday.
- May prepare tracking reports, graphs, and other statistical reports.
- Communicates to Customer Service, Materials, Service and Manufacturing on the status of products on a regular and appropriate basis.
- Perform various miscellaneous duties such as dock and yard maintenance, light assembly, assisting others in storage of overstock items.
- Check orders and inventories of shipping supplies.
- Requisition department materials in a timely manner to support department operations.
- Drive emergency shipments to local common carriers in emergencies or rush situations.
- Research returns / RMA's to discover source. Assign RMA'S as required.
- Adhere to general safety rules, company policies and procedures, quality regulations and should be able to adapt to changing environment.
Level 1 & 2 (Code 5811, 5813): HS or GED, one-two years shipping and receiving or clerical experience.
Level 3 (Code 5815): HS or GED, minimum four years shipping and receiving or clerical experience.
- Knowledge of company procedures or ability to follow procedures in a Medical Manufacturing Company.
- Ability to use tracking / reporting databases.
- Data entry skills using computer (keyboarding).
- Basic reading, writing, and math ability.
- Direct experience in Medical Device Company is highly desirable.
- Ability to work as a team and ability to multi-task and be flexible, adaptable and work under pressure.
- Regular and punctual attendance and dependability in meeting commitments & deadlines are essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.