Executive Consulting Firm in Century City is looking for a new Benefits Manager to join their team! Looking for someone with experience in health and welfare benefits as well as leave of absence administration expertise.
Benefits Manager Job Duties:
* Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
* Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs.
* Identifies benefit options by studying programs; obtaining advice from consultants.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Informs employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
* Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
* Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
* Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
* Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains benefits staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains benefits staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Benefits Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Financial Skills, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Resolving Conflict, Organizational Astuteness, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Delegation, Retaining Employees
Great workplace culture and catered lunches on Fridays!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the HR Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.