Our healthcare research firm in Philadelphia, PA is looking for an Editorial Assistant
The Editorial Assistant performs tasks related to acquiring, contracting, developing, publishing and maintaining book and digital products for the Medical Education department.
The Editorial Assistant provides support to the Acquisition Editors by performing administrative tasks related to the Editors' goals of acquiring, contracting, developing, publishing and maintaining products for the Medical Education publishing team. The Editorial Assistant provides support by coordinating payments to authors, contributors and others, maintaining publishing agreements, obtaining gratis codes for the sales team, and helping with the planning and facilitation of author and team meetings. The Editorial Assistant also assists with market research, the budgeting process and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with the Publishing Committee/proposal process
- Recruiting proposal reviewers
- Tracking reviews and ensuring reviews are completed on schedule
- Summarizing solicited and online (e.g., Amazon) reviews and other market research
- Preparing and/or requesting sales, cost, and other product information reports
- Entering information into proprietary title management system
- ISBN creation and management
- Assistance with Contract Process for Authors, Contributors and Subject Matter Experts
- Generating and distributing contracts including title contracts, grants, advance addendums
- Generating gratis codes to support ebook sales
- Completing Royalty Data Form
- Submitting contract for approval and tracking approval
- Entering contract and/or product information into relevant reports (e.g., signings, frontlist)
- Assisting with review board recruitment, focus group arrangements, and other market research during the content development process
- Processing and tracking of payments for invoices and check requests, including freelancer payments and reviewer honoraria
- Copying, filing, etc. as requested
- Serve as a colleague and peer to other Editorial Assistants in the department
- Updating, maintaining and creating training documentation for the Editorial Assistant position
- Coordinating and facilitating editorial advisory board meetings, team meetings, author meetings and other meetings as appropriate
- Note taking for meetings and author meetings as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience and internships will be considered; ideal candidate will have either some publishing experience or operational/support experience.
- Microsoft Office; proficient with Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Certifications:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, including excellent follow-up skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Travel: 5%, there may be some travel to other offices or local conferences.
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.