Our client is an American residential mortgage company headquartered in Agoura Hills, CA, and is looking for a SQL Database Developer/Analyst
Provide technical support in developing and maintaining database applications. Heavy focus on data conversion and data integration, plus ability to present data for analysis and reporting. Create scripts to query, load, and transform data. Implement databases and ETL scripts to load databases. Support business needs with ad-hoc requests if needed.
- Using industry best practices; optimize performance of database loads and query execution paths within a high-volume data warehouse environment.
- Actively participate in requirements derivation.
- Deliver quality time estimates.
- Assist in data analysis and data modeling.
- Perform code inspections and re-factor code to meet standards.
- Communicate effectively within the development team.
- Stay current with database, data modeling and data warehousing trends and technological innovations in order to make appropriate development recommendations.
- Participate in data model reviews, walkthroughs, application and module performance analysis.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and values.
- Programming experience with emphasis on designing complex SQL queries and business components
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture and exposure to building dimensional data models
- Experience with Linux operating system is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Ability to perform routine administration tasks including setting up access policy, data migrations, ETL operations, troubleshooting, and performance optimization
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our dedication to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes Medical, dental, and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday, and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.