The responsibilities of a Client Service Specialist:
Why you will love working in this role:
- Act as the first point of contact for prospective students.
- Handle a daily call volume of 50-100 outbound calls (these will not be cold calls; prospective students have given out their contact information to be contacted by a Service Specialist).
- Provide all prospective students with a high level of customer service and friendly interaction.
- Engage with prospective students over phone, email, chat, and texting about their future enrollment goals.
- Provide prospective students with information about different colleges/universities and their respective programs.
- Collect qualified information that is related to career goals and program requirements.
- Direct students to the next steps in the enrollment process.
- Manage and update the prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation.
- Meet departmental standards for call volume, contact rate, and transfer rate.
The qualifications for this role:
- Generous and competitive pay--$17 to $18 an hour (depending on experience).
- Set schedule--8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Full benefits package provided!
- Chance to gain valuable experience and grow professionally.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's highly preferred.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills.
- Customer(student) focus and the ability to adapt to different personality types.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.