Large company located in Santa Ana is seeking a LEAVE OF ABSENCE SPECIALIST: $25hr
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide total leave of absence claim management, from first notice and intake to closure, for the company nationwide.
- Obtain and review updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt.
- Review guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for phone, emails, and mail communications with employees, management and human resources staff regarding all leaves of absence and related processes.
- Provide instruction to employees and training of branch manager and HR staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves, including "interactive discussion' training.
- Maintain accurate records of employee leaves in full legal compliance.
- Create and maintain leave trends including current leaves, returns from leaves and intermittent leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
- Ensure highest level of customer service with client companies and employees and provide responsive support throughout LOA process.
- Review, update and maintain all LOA policies to ensure legal compliance, ensure proper distribution and integration with all other departments and training of HR and non-HR Managers.
- Maintain LOA software tracking program.
- Oversee integration of leaves (i.e. Workman's compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.).
- Attend on-going continuing education on LOA topics and ensure 100% federal and state compliance in all areas in which we operate.
- Perform special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
· 3+ years' specific experience in leave of absence administration in a high volume, fast paced environment on a national level.
· In-depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, Military Leaves, and other applicable federal and state laws, as well as company leave policies.
· Working knowledge of integration of leaves and benefits
· Highly organized and able to think systematically to structure the work and design in a logical flow.·
Must be a proactive problem solver and team player who is detail oriented and flexible; a self-starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to support requests from multiple directions.·
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.·
Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word/Excel), and internet and website navigation required.
· Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
· Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancest