This is an exciting opportunity for an R&D Engineer II that will be responsible for supporting R&D activities for R&D Valve Testing, legacy product modifications and R&D Valve Testing laboratory operations.
R&D Engineer II Duties:
R&D Engineer II Qualifications:
- Support a range of laboratory engineering activities with focus on THV R&D Valve Testing and legacy product modification including feasibility evaluations, product design verification, test method validation, and equipment validation (e.g. standard and custom test equipment).
- Design, develop, and qualify LabVIEW based software, test fixturing / tooling, test equipment and/or test methods to be used in device qualification testing including writing and executing protocols, statistical data analysis and authoring reports.
- Partner with R&D engineers for device development including: rapidly prototyping designs, evaluating materials, troubleshooting failures, proposing and evaluating design improvements.
- Identify opportunities for design / re-design of software, test equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve existing test methods and lab processes.
- Develop and execute feasibility studies, software modification, equipment qualification, test method, software validation and / or product verification protocols / reports and technical reports. May also be responsible for developing test methods and test strategy.
- May create, update and optimize laboratory test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Employ use of statistical analysis techniques and statistical experimental design, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline. Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in medical device or similar regulated industry. Experience in medical device development, software development for LabVIEW cRio system, software and/or equipment validation and test method validation is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge in developing and maintaining LabVIEW cRIO systems with large number of sensors, such as pressure, flow, thermal and high-speed imaging instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Simple State Machine Architecture, Queues and Notifiers communication methods, XML formatting
- Previous exposure to Automated Test System, LabVIEW RealTime, MATLAB, and Linux OS is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in advanced 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks) using curves and surfaces is required.
- Strong prototyping skills are highly valuable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Minitab required.
- Previous experience in medical device testing and/or process development preferred.
- Prior work experience in a lab environment with flow, pressure, leak, tensile, thermal and other test instrumentation is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.