Phone Claims Representative Duties:
Pay and Schedule:
- Answer 40-45 inbound calls (per day) from customers, insurance companies, insurance agents, and dealers.
- Place 5-10 outbound and follow up calls per day.
- Review and communicate the status of claims to the caller(s).
- Provide callers with directions as to the next steps in the claims process.
- Transfer calls that need further handling to the appropriate department.
- Notate client systems and claim files.
- Review claim documents and notations for approval to release the Letter of Guarantee.
- Review documents and identify potential missed options to ensure that the settlement for the borrower is accurate.
- Meet the department standards for talk and hold time.
- $16.50 an hour.
- Three shifts available (please pick one):
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- 10:30 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors preferred.
- One to two years of related experience in customer service focused work, claims, banking/finance and/or training: or equal combination of education and experience.
- Proficient typing skills, including 10 key.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Accountable and dependable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.