Our healthcare company is in Glen Allen, VA and is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer-Java/Spring Boot.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- Must possess the following essential Skills:
- Spring Boot Microservices
- REST API development
- Advanced Java Development experience
- AWS Cloud Computing experience
- React.js experience (If not, Angular.js experience would help)
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Analyze problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understand and develop functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Work with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develop, test and maintain code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for
- the system being used.
- Integrate systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or
- produce SOAP or REST based services, etc
- Proficient in automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Understand advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration.
- Understand Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application.
- Perform load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning.
- HS Diploma
- Claims experience and medical terminology knowledge & prior authorizations required
- There will be clerical piece, data entry, entering cases & research case components, as well.
- 1 year of experience in Customer Service and clinical appeals in a healthcare setting, HMO required
- *Virginia Premier Health Plan or Anthem previous employees would have applicable experience*
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - Outstanding verbal communication skills, and proven track record in effective customer services relations required
- Excellent organizational and office administrative skills required
- Excellent written communications required
- Strong attention to detail required - Experience with reimbursement instruments (standard claim forms) and medical claims handling (provider or payor) preferred.
- **Knowledge of industry terminology (CPT and ICD-9 codes)
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including th