North Houston Ultimate is sourcing for a International Shipping Coordinator for a Oil and Gas supply client. This role is a temp to hire located in the 290 area. The ideal candidate will have experience in international export shipping, responsible for filing the EEI using ACE, Certificate of Origin, and all other documents of customs export. The ideal candidate must have experience in international shipping of products.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the EAR, including but not limited to: export license determination, filing export license applications with The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), denied party screening, anti-boycott screening, end-use, item classifications, re-export laws and all other BIS regulations.
- Take actions that lead to the lowest total cost for the company while attaining acceptable services levels.
- Responsible for filing the Electronic Export Information (EEI) using the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Manage requests for certification letters, letters of guarantee, etc.
- Maintain excellent communication with freight forwarders monitoring progress of all shipments.
- Verifies data from various sources to maintain department records.
- Ensure that all export orders from Houston are packed in accordance with packing standards.
- Ensure that all export orders from Houston are packed in time to meet expected ship date.
- Oversees preparation of export documentation for shipments exported from all U.S. locations.
- Excellent analytical, and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thorough knowledge of the EAR and international guidelines and regulations.
- Familiar processing entries in the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Familiar conducting denied party screenings.
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and multi-task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience in international shipping, supply chain and logistics.
- 5+ years of experience preparing export documentation from a supplier or shipper standpoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.