GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for arranging covered transportation services to support Customer Service Department operations in a manner that maintains compliance with Medicare and Medi-Cal regulatory requirements and achieves Call Center service-level objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- On a daily basis, receive, review and arrange member requests for transportation.
2. Communicate with the transportation vendor(s) regarding schedule availability.
3. Follow established guidelines and resources to respond to members, providers and health plan staff regarding transportation requests/inquiries and resolve concerns in an accurate, timely, professional, and culturally competent manner.
4. Educate members and providers on transportation benefits and how to access services in a manner that achieves excellent service standards and maintains high customer satisfaction.
5. Accurately document and maintain the transportation log, categorize all contacts and follow-up actions regarding member and provider communications, including confirmation letters and activities regarding transportation requests/inquiries in accordance with established guidelines.
6. Appropriately handle member and provider transportation requests/inquiries through channels such as telephone, voicemail, email, fax, walk-in, etc. in accordance with Call Center established procedures.
7. Prepare transportation utilization reports and provide to management for review.
8. Generate and reconcile payment invoices on a weekly and bi-weekly basis to ensure accuracy/completeness of vendor information and submit to the Finance Department for timely payment processing.
9. Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings, in-services, training and coaching sessions.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.