Ultimate Staffing is seeking a Logistics Specialist for a food distribution client. The Specialist will prepare and maintain documents related to the shipment of all goods. They obtain approval for orders, invoices and document cost data. The Specialist will liaise with logistics staff, customers, and logistics third parties to coordinate the shipping and delivery of goods.
- Coordinating logistics and shipping directly to large retail chains and distributors
- Coordinates all transportation to meet customer requirements, including timely delivery of export documentation to customers
- Must have working knowledge of intermodal freight transport (i.e., rail, ship, and truck)
- Reviews all shipping requests for accurate information and processing
- Monitors transportation movement to ensure on time delivery and shipping
- Interact with customers, brokers, shipping and receiving to address any transportation issues
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of transportation documentation in accordance with U.S. customs laws and regulations
- Handling many orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with SAP, TMS (Transportation Management System), Route Savvy
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written, Bilingual in Spanish
- Preparing clear and concise reports
- International Transportation -
- Good problem-solving skills
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Experience with SAP, TMS (Transportation Management System), Route Savvy
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word)
• Excellent numerical skills
• Excellent communication skills; both oral and written, Bilingual in Spanish
• Preparing clear and concise reports
• International Transportation -
• Good problem-solving skills
• Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Hide Section - Job Order Status InformationJob Order Status Information
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org