A global Medical Device company in Irvine, CA is looking to identify and hire a Patient Registry Representative, who will be responsible for processing patient, device, physician and hospital information for the Implant Patient Registry departments.
Essential Job Functions:
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- Gather and verify patient data and perform data entry.
- Collect missing information from external customers including hospital staff and doctor offices.
- Review and evaluate patient and event information received, may gather additional data to determine if event should be forward to the Complaint Department.
- Perform peer auditing of IPR (Implant Patient Registry) data.
- Sort and organize incoming mail by date.
- Print and mail Implant Patient ID cards.
- Respond and answer basic patient registry questions.
- Participate in projects and may identify potential improvement opportunities to optimize process for Supervisor review.
- Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries).
- Opening and reviewing mailed in documents (range from 20-300 letters a day).
- Research information and recognize potential complaints.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of recent/relevant experience required.
- Previous medical transcriber experience and/or experience with Medical terminology and HIPPA compliance.
- Must be able to type 55 wpm accurately.
- Good computer skills including usage of MS Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Good problem-solving skills & strict attention to detail.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide feedback in a professional, direct, and tactful manner.
- Must have reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must be a critical thinker, able to grasp the whole picture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.