A global Medical Device company in Irvine, CA is looking to identify and hire a Planner/Buyer Analyst who will plan the procurement of the material required to support Customer Demand and New Product introduction, as well as develop and execute the business unit production schedule.
The Planner Analyst will be responsible for but not limited to:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Assisting with developing the Manufacturing Production Plan based on the input from the Master Production Schedule and or Project Team requirements.
- Escalating issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan.
- Assisting with basic analysis with manufacturing teams.
- Generating work orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system.
- Monitoring work order progress in collaborating with production supervision.
- Executing and maintaining gross inventory targets.
- Participating and executing cost reduction and cycle time reduction initiatives.
- Updating changes/parameters within MRP (Material Requirements Planning) in the Manufacturing Enterprise system.
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree AND 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in purchasing and/or production control.
- Strong knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g., JIT/Kanban, Min/Max).
- Good problem-solving skills & strict attention-to-detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.