The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Knowledge of proper payroll practices and laws
- 1-3 years HR experience
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Fast growing, constantly changing organizations
- Policy and process creation as well as implementation
- PHR is a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• 1-3 years HR experience
• Hospitality experience preferred
• Fast growing, constantly changing organizations
• Policy and process creation as well as implementation
• PHR is a plus but not required
Posted By: email@example.com