Great temporary opportunity in Farmington for an Underwriting Assistant. This position provides administrative support to the underwriting department and is expected to last approximately 4 weeks. The right candidate will have proven administrative experience, preferably within insurance or financial services. If you're accurate and numerate, possess strong MS Office skills (especially Excel), have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize- this is for you!
You will work as part of a team to:
- Support the Underwriters in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service
- Provide pre-underwriting and rating support to Underwriters and other staff
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and scanning of risk documentation
- Data verification, integrity & accuracy
- Photocopying, logging and scanning quotes, filing, archiving and scanning
- Interact with other teams internally, ie Claims, Finance, Compliance, Management Services and other underwriting teams on matters affecting or related to accounts within the portfolio
- Help maintain team standards through supporting other underwriting assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required
- Provide accurate management information to senior management team and underwriters
- Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and phone
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in any discipline - preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.