We are seeking an Indirect Procurement Specialist to help on our our clients in Newport Beach, CA. This is a 6-12 month project.
Review/Negotiate contracts, MSA, SOW, licensing and consulting services
Drafting/red-lining/negotiation of IT-related Software/Hardware/Service Agreements
Create, administer,review and select vendors for RFP/RFQ/RFI's
Solicit bids to procure services; negotiate and administer contracts
Develop relationships with business units & decision makers
Maintain cost savings
Essential Job Function
List the key roles and responsibilities, in as much detail as necessary to provide an accurate, complete picture of this job. For each activity, list the end result and estimated percentage of time spent on each activity. Total should equal 100% and be limited to the top ten primary duties.
Duties and Responsibilities% of Time
- Solicits bids to procure a variety of information technology services and occasionally goods and negotiates and administers contracts in coordination with Legal, Compliance and Information Security when necessary.
- Performs commonly used procurement procedures and techniques along with contracting methods to obtain the best service/products for the best price for the organization.
- Plans and carries out recurring work using established procedures, conferring with the supervisor or higher-level specialists as necessary to perform job functions.
- Develop strong relationships with key information technology business units and decision makers. Collaborate with and act upon IT business units' short/long term strategic and tactical objectives.
- Maintain cost saving schedule
5% Knowledge and SkillsIdentify functional and technical knowledge, skills and key competencies that are essential to perform this job.
- Excellent knowledge in contracting skills, contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of standard procurement practices and techniques, e.g., market knowledge and data analysis, cost management, vendor selection, negotiation, vendor management, etc.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration with diverse groups and manage multiple sourcing projects in parallel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superb presentation skills
- Self-directed and results-oriented
- Flexible, adaptable and hands-on approach. Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
Education and ExperienceList the minimum education and experience required to perform this job.
- Strong PC: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Web based computer skills in web searches
- 2+ years of previous experience as contract specialist with information technology or in a related position, finance industry preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation planning and execution, including RFP development and delivery
- Project management experience
- Basic business systems
- Bachelor's degree required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Excellent knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations & industry standards
2 years + IT/Indirect Procurement experience
Excellent verbal & written communication
Comfortable with in-person presentations
Results oriented, adaptable, flexible
Bachelor's degree required
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org